Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mud-Mania 2013 & Weekly Weigh-In

Here we are before the race ready to get MUDDY!! 
Last Saturday me and my brother ran in Auburn's Mud-Mania! Earlier in March I set goals and one of my goals for this month was to complete this 5K with 20+ obstacles in under 50 minutes! We set out for Auburn early Saturday morning and it was freeeezing!

Waiting for the race to start I was so nervous. Almost as nervous as I was on the day of the half marathon. I'm not sure if the nerves were because I was scared of the unknown or if it was because I set a time goal. Probably a little of both.

The race starts off by running through a huge mud pit! For someone who has spent the majority of their life avoiding mud this was an experience to remember!



A huge fun slip and slide! 
I didn't wear a watch so I really had no concept of time or how long we had been gone but when we crossed the finish line I knew it couldn't have been 50 minutes already. We checked our time and we finished in a whopping 38:54! Wow!!! We not only met my goal but we smashed it!
We finished quite MUDDY! 
I'm so glad that I was able to run this race with my brother, Kevin! He has recently started running and he did amazing!!

Now on to Monday's weigh-in. . . Dum dum duuummmmm! I had a big week last week as far as exercise went. I earned 53 activity points (a new high for me), ran over 23 miles, and crushed the mud run! I tracked 6 days and really watched my points (again)! Stepping on the scale I was confident in whatever the number was I determined to not let it get me down.

Another week with a low number, but it is a loss so I can't be too let down. And incredibly I'm back in the 170's! Now to meet my goal of losing 8 pounds in March I have to be able to lose 3.2 this coming up Monday! Seems impossible with the way I've been working this month and the small numbers that seem to show up every Monday. But I will still strive forward and no matter what comes up this Monday I will know I tried my absolute best this month! 

How are your March goals coming along? There is less than a week of March left! 




2 comments:

  1. Hooray for SMASHING your goal time at Mud-Mania! That is awesome! And I completely understand being disappointed in a weigh-in that doesn't measure up to the effort I put in. I feel like I set reasonable monthly goals as well, but don't always meet them. However, I have tried to turn my thinking around and doing a better job of seeing the BIG picture. Like, ok, I didn't lose 10 this month, but I did lose 7! And I will celebrate that because I am 7 closer to my goal... You have done a PHENOMENAL job getting to where you are right this very minute...and I'm happy I found your blog. Looking forward to learning more from you and celebrating each 1.4 along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding me!!! And thank you for your encouragment. Sometimes I get too caught up in goals and forget that there was progress made... I do need to take time out sometimes and look at the bigger picture! Thank you again!! :)

      Delete