Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A for Effort

Last week I tracked my food five days, earned 30 activity points, and really felt in control the whole week. Monday night I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and I was down 1.6 pounds. Surprised? A little. Disappointed? No.


I did all I could last week. I gave it my all, and yes I'm happy to see a loss! What that -1.6 does mean is that I'm .4 lbs behind my weekly goal. I really have to step it up and continue to make healthy choices. Those of you who read my blog last week know that one of my March goals is to lose 8 pounds. Just got to keep on keeping on! 

My mom has recently started her weight loss journey. She is really determined and it's very inspiring. One of the things that surprises me the most about her new outlook on life is how excited she is about being active. She has already completed a heart walk (around 2.5 miles) through the hilliest parts of Tallassee and we are now registered for the April 20th, Joy to Life 5K. This 5k will be lots of fun and I can't wait to experience it with her! 

This past weekend we went to Swayback Bridge Trails in Wetumpka. If you have never been there I highly recommend it! The trails (ranging from 2.5 miles to 11 miles in length) offer beautiful scenery, a sense of adventure, and peace and quiet. 

Me and Mom 
I'm planning to make this week even more successful than last week! What are you doing to make your week a success?

No comments:

Post a Comment