Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tilapia Salad -- Weekly Weigh-in

Last night was my regular meeting night. I went (even in terrible weather) and stood on the scale, wishing, praying, and hoping I had lost 2.4! I made sure I had on no jewelry and made sure to breathe all the way out (hey I'll do whatever I think might help). My fearless leader, Ginny, wrote down the number and was so happy for me, but it wasn't what I wanted. 1.8. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for the loss. I'm happy to be nearing the 170's again. I'm happy to have lost 3.4 pounds over the past 2 weeks. I'm happy to have not gained.

But I can't help but be disappointed that I missed my weekly goal again this week. I have set this very realistic goal of losing 8 pounds in the month of March. I am trying my best to reach this goal. In the event that I don't reach my goal of 8 pounds I want to look back at this month and think that there was nothing I could have done differently. 

Things I did good last week: 

I tracked 5 days.

I earned 32 activity points. 

I made good choices while out to eat and even found a new favorite dish! (more on that in a second)

I performed the best I've done so far this season for co-ed softball on Sunday! (it was only practice but I'll take it:)

Overall it was a great week and I'll just have to settle be happy with the 1.8. 



NEW RECIPE 
Last Friday night I ate at Charles Anthony's Pub (off the Mitylene exit in Montgomery). I ordered a Tilapia Salad. It was amazing and I couldn't wait to try and whip up my own version of it at home. 

It's quick and easy and only 7 PP without dressing!!

Ingredients: 
3 oz of cooked Tilapia (I prefer cajun or blackened) 
2 cups of spring mix
1 stalk chopped celery
1/2 diced tomatoes
1 tbsp blue cheese 
2 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp chopped pecans 

Directions: 
Bake tilapia filet on 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until done). 
Put all other ingredients in bowl and place cooked tilapia on top. 

I found an amazing lemon vinaigrette recipe that you can make in less than 5 minutes with simple ingredients. I put this recipe in the recipe builder and the dressing is 4 points for 2 tbsp (it yields about 12 tbsp). 

I hope that your weekly weigh in goes well! If you try this fresh salad please let me know what you think! Have a great and healthy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment