Thursday, March 14, 2013

I ordered that? (Restaurant Nightmares)

A friend of mine recently told me about an app called NutriScore2Go (it can also be used like a website if you don't have a smartphone). NutriScore2Go is an app with many different restaurants neatly organized with the Weight Watchers points plus values for their menus.  If you are counting points plus values and you eat out often this app is a must have! I was just browsing through the app and looked up the values for some of my "used to be" favorite meals. Ummmm did I really used to go to a restaurant for dinner and eat 50 or 60 points? Yes, I most certainly did! And sometimes more than once a week!!! I am not a depressed person or not a very emotional eater (aside from the occasional boredom snacking). I became 300 pounds because I love food and made poor food choices daily! Here are some of my old favorites....


Boneless Buffalo Wings: 32 pp (shared with usually 2 other people) 
Fiesta Lime Chicken: 32 pp
Chocolate Chip Cooke Sundae: 44 pp (shared with usually 2 other people)

Total pp value for this meal: 64 Points Plus


Cheddar Bay Biscuits: 4 pp each (always had at least 3)
Salad with blue cheese: 7 pp
Cajun Chicken Pasta: 39 pp (full order)
Bahama Mama: 11pp 

Total pp value for this meal: 69 Points Plus



Buttermilk Spice Muffin: 16 pp 
Steak Seared Salad: 29 pp 

Total pp value for this meal: 45 Points Plus






Bread and butter: 4 pp
Filet Foccacia with Sweet Potato Fries: 34

Total pp value for this meal: 38 Points Plus



Onion strings with fried jalapenos: 29 pp (shared with usually 1 other person) 
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Sandwich: 37 pp 

Total pp value for this meal: 66 Points Plus 







Ice Cream Cone: 4 pp
Beefeater: 20 pp 
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips and Homemade Salsa: 7pp

Total pp value for this meal: 31 Points Plus








Looking back at these meals and the amount of calories I was eating for dinner a couple of nights a week is embarrassing!  I am writing this blog to show people how these meals with appetizers and drinks can lead to one very fattening meal. I really had no idea these foods had so many points! A dessert that is 44 points! Ridiculous! 
Using the Weight Watchers program I have developed a lifestyle that has made me more aware of the food choices I make on a daily basis. I still eat a few things on this list but I almost always half the meal or share it. You don't have to give up everything you love but remember everything in moderation! 

What are some of your "worst" favorite meals? And do you never order them anymore or just for special occasions? Let me hear all about it! 

4 comments:

  1. I don't even want to begin with my menus...Applebee's Appetizers are a weekly staple between my neighbor and I and I know those are really ugly. Thanks so much for blogging. I was off the wagon and committed to eating home cooked meals for dinner this week and leftovers for lunch the next day. I've felt much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great if you have a chance to look at it... It has really open my eyes to some of the foods I ordered! Crazy they make food that BAD!! I'm so glad you enjoy these posts... I sometimes wonder if they are interesting to anyone besides me! Kudos to you for cooking at home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey,
    Just discovered your blog, and I'm finding inspiration in your weight loss. Just curious, if you ate at the above restaurants today, what would you order? I'm finding tracking points challenging, and I'm looking for restaurant meal ideas since my husband LOVES to eat out. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! I can tell you what I have found helpful. I use the app nutriscore2go on my iphone but they have a website that is just as useful called: www.exercise4weightloss.com. This website listed points values for lots of popular restaurants! I really love this app! Hope you can find it helpful also!! :)

    ReplyDelete