Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back on the Wagon!

Well I took a break from blogging the last few weeks.

I pretty much took a break from everything.

No tracking.

No making good choices.

I did exercise regularly, but there isn't enough exercise in the world to counteract all the bad choices I've made the last couple of weeks.

The main reason I didn't want to blog was that I didn't want to update the fact that I haven't met any of my goals since before spring break. That was 3 weeks ago.

Life does happen. Things do get in the way. Life does go on. I'm back on track and I have done amazing tracking and making good choices this week.

I skipped weigh in for two weeks in a row (which is unheard of for me), though I wasn't blind to the weight. I weighed at home while I was MIA from my meetings.

Needless to say when I went back to my Monday meeting this week, weigh in reflected three weeks of careless choices.

All that is history now. No need to dwell on that fact. What's done is done!

NOW onto some good news!

I received a phone call yesterday asking would I be interested in coaching volleyball!!! Of course, I said YES!!!! I was so honored. No, I don't know much about volleyball except for the key terms that most every knows. I did play volleyball..... in middle school PE! I am so excited and I will do my best to learn as much as I can about volleyball and give these girls a very successful and fun season!

After I got off the phone I couldn't help but think about how thankful I was that I began my weight loss journey and have been so successful! I know that if I was still the 300 pound couch potato that I was 4 years ago I would have never crossed her mind! And I would have never wanted to coach volleyball! This journey truly has changed my life and I'm so excited about the opportunities that are still to come!

What are some exciting things that have come your way since losing weight? What are some things you hope to do once you embark on your weight loss journey!


I have been postponing writing this post for several days because sometimes I feel more like a fraud than a role model. Some weeks I don't do the things I tell so many people to do. I don't take my own advice from time to time. But it's part of the journey. This is a speed bump that I am now over and I'm back on the road to reaching my goals and hopefully encouraging some of you to reach yours. Have a great week. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey, I feel the same way sometimes and the first step is always the hardest. Be proud of yourself for coming back and writing again and getting back on track with the right choices. Nobody is judging you and I think you're a role model for continuing trying! Honestly, I struggle with exactly what you write about as well. Look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a role model...I'm just discovering your blog. I currently teach Kindergarten and I've been so tired and needing a nap most days lately (just read this http://www.itsuxtobefat.com/weight-loss/success-stories/weight-loss-success-story-stacey-black). I weigh around 400lbs and have just started going to the gym again. Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start back blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete