Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weigh-in Update Knee Surgery

Sorry for the absence lately, having knee surgery and the recovery process has been a lot more difficult than I had imagined it would. Once the surgery was underway, Dr. Walcott discovered that I had torn my meniscus also. He repaired both my ACL and meniscus and I have been doing physical therapy 3 times a week for a few weeks now. I still have a long way to go, but I WILL get there and be back to running in no time.

I haven't had much of an appetite since surgery and I was able to stand on the scale yesterday morning..... down 6 pounds since the morning of surgery! I was so surprised. Now the hard part is to keep in under control while I am not able to get in any cardio workouts. Therapy has surprisingly turned out to be quite a workout! My upper body is sore most everyday from the crutches, so while I'm "down & out" I'm still working a good many of my muscle groups! Good to know!

I have had several bad days since this started and while I find myself crying and feeling sorry for myself I have been able to dig deep and know that this too shall pass. I've had a great support system of friends and family that check on me daily!

Have you ever found yourself going through something that was harder than you expected? How did you deal with trying to remain positive while struggling each day?

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment