Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's Called a HoliDAY!

This week really kicks off the holiday season. For most people it's an exciting time to see family, celebrate with friends, and enjoy lots of merry treats! UGH! For me it causes some stressful thoughts! Can I stay on point? Will I track? Can I stay away from all of the yummy treats?? This week is Thanksgiving! A time I travel to visit with my grandmother and other family members and give thanks for the many blessings in my life. But amongst all the visiting there is tons of points heavy foods to avoid! I tell myself and others (that will listen) that Thanksgiving is a holiday. One day. I can allow myself the foods that I will only enjoy on this day, once a year. During the rest of the week while I'm away from home I am going to plan to keep my meals as normal as possible. I am packing regular snacks, desserts, and my trusty water bottles! I will not let this one week sabotage my journey and send me into the holiday season with tighter pants than usual! Trust me no one wants to see that! I am making a public pledge to stay on track this week and shoot for 2 pounds. I looked at last year's weigh in the Monday after Thanksgiving and I was down 1.4 lbs.

If I did pretty good last year during the week of Thanksgiving then why not shoot for really good this year! So here I am pledging for 2 pounds down this next weigh in! Do not let the whole week take over with bad meals and too much dessert. Stay in control and celebrate one day, Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment